There are several ways you can participate & become involved!
Be The Media
- Sometimes it can be difficult just to know what's happening in your city which is why it's so important to stay tuned in and stay connected! Anyone can document and film news as it happens. Find a local action, protest, meeting and record it. Explore outside your comfort zones and share your experiences, we'll be here waiting to hear what happened!
Join Our Team
- Research, writing, editing and publishing can take a lot of work but if you believe you have what it takes then apply for an editing position today! Our website is currently ran by volunteers, activists and non-profit groups so these are not paying positions but you are free to share and save your published works to help expand your portfolio in your future projects.
Support Our Work
- We're raising money for causes and political candidates across the country! Our shop features different themes including political quotes, stand With Standing Rock shirts, flaming Bernie Hair designs and plenty more. Half of all earned proceeds go to different causes while the rest affords the ability to run our site and publish our creative works including our graphics and video edits.
Stay Connected On Social Media
- It may not seem like much but staying connected with us will help us all continue to build a movement going forward.
- Don't forget to share your favorite posts from our pages and let us know how we're doing by leaving us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Voice. Our Message.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
- Malcolm X
Tips For Submitting Your News
It's Easier To Verify A Story With More Than One Source: Your story's credibility will drastically increase if you can provide more than one statement regarding the scenario.
Third Party Rumors May Not Be True: If you read something on Facebook or got a text from someone who happened to receive or read some news then you have to decide for yourself if this person has credible sources (if they're a witness or if they're just repeating a lie that someone wrote). One issue with third party rumors, social media posts and random stories is that many of them turn out to be a skewed version of the reality.
Include Full Sources: If you are trying to upload a video that is too big then please use a third party tool like DailyMotion, DropBox or YouTube. You can attach more articles once we read and respond to your initial submission.
Bad Information Can Cause Serious Harm: Spreading misinformation in some circumstances can have devastating effects for a community or organization which is why we take our news vetting process seriously and try to provide an honest publishing option. If you are credible then please remember to show us that we can trust you.