This simple recipe is a remedy for cough, flu, congestion, sore throat and more! Linda Black Elk (of the Standing Rock Medic And Healer Council) shares this natural remedy which is being used to help campers in the negative temperatures of North Dakota get over their cold and flu symptoms! You may be able to spot some of these plants in the wild if they're native to your area or maybe you have them preserved or growing in your garden.
- Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Fresh Horseradish
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Onion
- Raw Honey
- Fresh or Dry Chili Peppers (ex: Jalapeño, Habanero)
- Place all solid ingredients in the jar.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar until full to top.
- Store in a dark place for 2 weeks (at least).
- Strain with filter/mesh and store in jar.
- Add Raw Honey (amount is up to you).
If you feel like you are developing a cold or if you want to maintain your health then a couple daily table spoons should do the trick. If you've already got a cold, or the flu or heavy coughing and sore throat then try half a shot or a full shot glass.
You can also use it on salad dressings and in soups to give your foods an extra kick!
Helps With The Following Ailments:
- Chest Congestion
- Sore Throat